Thursday, June 23, 2011

Top Groupies Of All Time: Pamela Des Barres and Catherine James


Pamela and Catherine are more my kind of groupie girls. Miss Pamela represents the west coast, with her flowing hair, lace and velvet dresses, she was the ultimate in California hippie glam. And Miss James represents the east coast, with straight blonde hair and dolly-bird make-up, she had an aura of New York cool.  I know I already made a post for Pamela here and Catherine here, but I felt the need to include them in my Top Groupies list. Also, I found more new photos of them, so I thought I'd post them here.

A young Pamela and Catherine


Modeling for Rolling Stone Magazine.







A shot from Catherine's screen test at The Factory.


Miss Pamela and the GTO's









Pamela hanging out with Roger Daltrey and Keith Moon.




Miss P. sitting backstage while Mick decides what to eat.


On the set of  200 Motels with Ringo.


Baby-sitting Frank Zappa's daughter, Moon Unit.


Random shots of Miss Pamela.


















2 comments:

  1. love your blog, love these girls, love these photographs.

    www.whothefuckismickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination of people ( Pamela and Catherine) and pictures, thanks! I came across this blog because I just heard on a podcast ( Muses and Stuff) that Pamela married Michael Des Barres in Catherine James backyard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...