Thursday, December 24, 2015
I never got around to making a post about how great Made in the A.M. is. Or Four for that matter... anyroad, if Midnight Memories was an homage to 70s/80s anthem rock, Four was a tribute to folky rock and roll (Clouds = Band on the Run= AMAZING), then Made in the A.M. is also like the second coming of Beatles/Fleetwood Max/Paul Simon/a 70s musical dream. For example, "Olivia" was actually written in Abbey Road with strings, but no trumpets much to Harry's dismay, and sounds like late Beatles. "I Want to Write You A Song" reminds me of "Two of Us." "Temporary Fix" is like a prequel to my personal Four fave "No Control." "What A Feeling" is Harry's homage to Fleetwood Mac. Other great sing-alongs: Hey Angel, End of the Day, Never Enough, Love You Goodbye, Wolves, and A.M. Let's not forget heartbreak/romantic ballads: If I Could Fly, Long Way Down, Walking in the Wind (rumor has it Harry wrote this for his grandma). They also released an EP with singles: "Drag Me Down" the perfect song to listen to while getting ready to do anything, "Perfect" a big FU to Taylor Swift, and "Home" the most beautiful song ever?! Ok, so basically I listed all the songs on the album, but they are literally all masterpieces and I'm so of proud my boys; here's the photos they did for the album promo.
1. My true love gave to me, Velvetines matte liquid lipstick by Lime Crime. To be honest I have not tried other matte liquid lipsticks yet so I can't compare, but I really love the highly pigmented color of Velvetines. The lipstick is long-lasting, so you can eat and smooch all day without ruining your look, and best of all your lips don't look and feel as dry compared to the other matte lipsticks I have tried. These matte liquid lipsticks also come in 20 different colors (I have utopia, an orchid color that looks divine).
So that's the end of the countdown! Hope you guys enjoyed and Happy Holidays!!!
2. My true love gave to me True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup by L'Oréal. This is probably the best drugstore foundation out there. It goes on smooth and gives you good coverage, what more do you need? It's a lot cheaper than those other name brand foundations and works just as well. And here's a secret, the company that makes YSL makeup is the same one that makes L'Oréal makeup, so you know the quality is good.
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
3. I got the Glossier Phase 1 Set. This amazing set comes with a Soothing Face Mist: which keeps your skin and make-up looking and feeling fresh, the Priming Moisturizer: it does exactly what it's name says it does, Balm Dotcom: a skin salve you can use all over, and the Perfecting Skin Tint: super sheer and natural looking tint for your face.
Monday, December 21, 2015
4. My true love gave to me the Laura Mercier face illuminator powder, the most perfect highlighter ever. It's not too glittery, and its super easy to apply. Plus the golden shimmer suits all skin tones.
Sunday, December 20, 2015
5. I got Color Statement Lipliner by Milani Cosmetics. These lipliners come in 10 different colors and glide on so smooth, making lining your lips super easy. It's creamy finish lets you fill in your lips completely, so you can combine it with other lipsticks/glosses for your own unique color. My current favorite color is Nude.
Saturday, December 19, 2015
6. My true love gave to me the most delicious smelling body scrub ever! This scrub by Frank Body smells and looks just like coffee (they also have coconut, peppermint, and cacao) and leaves your skin feeling and looking super silky smooth. I ordered one of the bundles that came with the body balm, which you put on after using the scrub, but you can order each product individually. They also recently came out with face and lip products which I'm excited to try soon. But this coffee scrubs is gentle enough to use on your face as well. And best of all, shipping is free if you're in the US!
7. I got the Jumbo Eye Pencil by NYX Cosmetics. These eyeliners/eyeshadow pencils are just amazing. They come in over 30 different shades and go on so smooth. My personal fave Milk, which is obviously white but the great thing is not only can you use it to line your waterline and make your eyes look big and doll-like, but it also doubles as eye primer, you can wear it under any eyeshadow to make it pop and last all day. And here's a tip: if you have trouble sharpening these eye pencils, just pop them in the freezer for 15 mins and it makes it a whole lot easier to sharpen.
Thursday, December 17, 2015
8. Today on the countdown are these amazing E.L.F makeup brushes. They are really high quality and best of all, really inexpensive. You might think you don't need all these fancy brushes to put on makeup, but trust me, if you want an easier and more professional application, you're going to want these brushes. You can order a set or order them separately and they are definitely worth getting when E.L.F has their annual 50% off sale.
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
9. My true love sent to me, TheBalm Girls lipstick Mai Billsbepaid. This lippy is super creamy and gives you the perfect matte nude lip without making your lips feel or look dry and chapped as other matte lipsticks tend to do. Plus it smells like vanilla mint and leaves your lips feeling all fresh and tingly.