Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Muse Behind the Song: Pattie Boyd part I



I'd like to start off my first muse post on someone who I consider the greatest rock and roll muse of all time: Patricia Anne Boyd. A model during the sixties and seventies, Pattie was just 19 when she caught the eye of George Harrison on the set of The Beatles film A Hard Day's Night. From then on she was the inspiration for all the love songs George wrote: "For You Blue", "It's All Too Much", "I Need You", and "Something", among others. It seems that everyone who met Pattie fell for her charms, and her list of admirers included Mick Jagger, John Lennon, Ron Wood, Donovan, and Eric Clapton.
  
When they first met on the set of A Hard Day's Night. George ended up conveniently sitting next to Pattie during lunch.
Out on their first date. Brian Epstein also accomopanied them.










Publicity photo of their engagement.













On their wedding day: Jan. 21, 1966.
  

















 







 Honeymoon in Barbados.








My two favorite shots of George and Pattie, taken at Kinfauns after announcing their engagement.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...