In keeping up with the "new year, new posts" theme, I thought this would be a fun little "get-to know-me" music questionnaire that I found on tumblr. Feel free to comment/discuss or answer it yourself!
1. Favorite Band:The Beatles obvs 2. Favorite Song: Something by The Beatles 3. Favorite Album:Rubber Soul 4. Favorite Era:The freewheelin' 60's!! 5. Favorite Guitarist:Jimmy Page 6. Favorite Bassist: John Entwistle 7. Favorite Singer: Harry Styles 8. Favorite Drummer:Keith Moon 9. Favorite Genre:Rock/Pop 10. Favorite Member:John Lennon. I'm assuming from my fave band cos I have a fav member in ALL the bands I like.
Would You Rather:
11. Would you rather write poetry with Bob Dylan or Jim Morrison? Dylan cos I figure my style of writing is more compatible with his. 12. Would you rather write a song with Pete Townshend or Jack White?Pete Townshend cos tbh I haven't gotten into Jack's stuff yet. 13. Would you rather jam out with Keith Richards or Joan Jett?Keith all day everyday. 14. Would you rather party with Janis Joplin or Keith Moon?Janis Joplin. I just know we'd have sooo much fun, we'd drink and wear fur coats. 15. Would you rather marry Alex Turner or Ezra Koenig?Alex Turner of course, we both still have the iPhone 4s, so clearly we are meant to be. 16. Would you rather date Debbie Harry or St. Vincent?Deffo Debbie. 17. Would you rather die with Kurt Cobain or John Lennon? Neither, I'd try to save both of them. 18. Would you rather dress like David Bowie or Syd Barrett?David Bowie for obvious reasons. 19. Would you rather dance with Ian Curtis or Mick Jagger? Mick Jagger and no, not because of the song. 20. Would you rather protest with Joan Baez or Roger Waters?Joan Baez cos she's hella cool.
21. The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?The Beatles hands down. 22. Is music "good" nowadays?Um, yes. 23. Should bands break up over band members deaths? Idk man, they should definitely reunite for reunions and special occasions that's for sure. 24. George Harrison or Eric Clapton?George Harrison cos he's the best. 25. Thoughts on Feminism in rock?I honestly don't know much about this, and as cliche as it sounds, I hate these type of labels. Can women be just as rock and roll as men? The answer is yes. 26. Is school as bad as Roger Waters makes it out to be or is it as necessary as Paul Mccartney says it is? Deffo and totes necessary. 27. Thoughts on Yoko Ono?Do not like her one bit. 28. Do you believe there should be an age limit to bands?No of course not, you can totally be rock and roll at 16 or 60. 29. Is musical fanaticism simply a fad for teenagers?For some yes, but for me, well just look at this blog. 30. Best modern band:This is difficult but I have to say Arctic Monkeys.
Have You Ever:
31. Have you ever cried over a band?yes, deffo not ashamed. 32. Have you ever screamed over a band?yes 33. Have you ever kissed a poster of CD?unfortunately yes 34. Have you ever spent too much time fantasizing over a band (or being in a band)?yes 35. Have you ever bought overpriced merchandise?yes 36. Have you ever tried dressing like a band member?All the time. My current style icon is Harry Styles. You can expect a post about this sometime soon, hopefully. 37. Have you ever legitimately fallen in love with a band member?I'm in love with like 10 band members right now tbh. 38. Have you ever considered becoming a groupie? yes 39. Have you ever met a band member?Not really, but I've been in the glorious presence of several band members and let me tell you, it is electrifying and magical and I totally recommend it. 40. Have you ever annoyed anyone over your music obsessiveness? Yes and I don't care!!
Would You Ever:
41. Would you ever follow a band?yes 42. Would you ever become a Groupie? yes 43. Would you ever drop acid with Syd Barrett (and risk schizophrenia)? No 44. Would you ever smoke a joint with Bob Dylan? yes 45. Would you ever marry Mick Jagger (he's slept with 4,000+ women and I don't think he'll stop for a marriage)?Yes, I need someone to pay for my student loans. 46. Would you ever crowd surf (to get closer to the band in a violent crowd)? No, I hate concert crowds. 47. Would you ever time travel (with risk of getting lost in space) to meet your favorite band?Hell yes. 48. Would you ever strive to become a rockstar?Not really, cos I can't sing and I can't play instruments or write songs. 49. Would you ever break up with Alex Turner? No, never, absolutely not. Or, maybe, so he can write an amazing breakup album all about our relationship and you can bet I would take him back. 50. Would you ever collaborate with One Direction (for a mountain of money)? Yes, I would also do it for free cos they are my favorite boys.
51. Paul McCartney or Keith Moon?Paul 52. John Lennon or George Harrison?John 53. Alex Turner or Joshua Hayward?Alex of course 54. Grace Slick or Joan Baez?Grace 55. St. Vincent or Debbie Harry?Debbie 56. Kurt Cobain or Dave Grohl?Kurt 57. Damon Albarn or Liam Gallagher?Damon 58. Courtney Love or Madonna?Ugh, Courtney I guess 59. Jimmy Page or Robert Plant? Robert only cos I lean more towards those golden curls than Jimmy's black ones. 60. David Bowie or Keith Richards?Keith
61. Lennon/McCartney or Jagger/Richards?Lennon and McCartney.
62. Keith Moon or John Bonham?Keith
63. Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton?Hendrix 64. Donovan or Bob Dylan?Dylan 65. Debbie Harry or Madonna? Debbie 66. Michael Jackson or Queen?Queen 67. Hole or Nirvana? Nirvana 68. The Horrors or Arctic Monkeys? Arctic Monkeys 69. Buddy Holly or Chuck Berry?Buddy Holly 70. The Ramones or Sex Pistols? The Ramones